One to one teaching is the optimal way to adapt yoga to the individual student. It is the traditional way of teaching yoga, and allows for the holistic and therapeutic applications to be fully explored.
One to one classes for self-development:
- Personalise your yoga practice according to your individual needs
- Explore different areas of yoga practice: postures, meditation, breathing exercises, chanting…
- Understand and heal deep emotional conflicts, and address any issues to do with your physical, mental, or emotional health.
Teacher training in a one to one context:
- Deepen your knowledge and improve your skills in the areas of yoga teaching which interest you most
- Learn to accompany students in the process of healing emotional conflicts
- Specialize in yoga therapy
Group yoga classes are a very recent invention, and a great invention at that: They are a good way to discover yoga, and they have allowed yoga to be brought into many people’s lives across the globe. They are, however, very limited when it comes to adapting the teaching to each individual student’s needs. Traditionally, Yoga was only ever taught on a one to one basis, and for good reason.
ANSWERS TO SOME OF THE USUAL QUESTIONS
What happens during a one to one class ?
A one to one class is a private meeting between you and the teacher. There is no rule as to what will happen and in what order, that depends on your needs. Often, the class will start with a discussion, to allow the teacher to get to know you and to understand your aims, needs and abilities. The teacher may also examine you, take your pulse, or ask you to do a posture or two. At the end of the class, the teacher designs a practice for you to repeat at home.
What kind of practice will I be given?
The practice is tailored to your needs, it takes into consideration the following factors:
- The amount of time you have available each day
- The time of day you will be practising
- What you want to achieve through your practice.
- Your abilities
- Your difficulties
The practice may include different kinds of exercises, chosen according to your needs and abilities. These may range from postures and breathing exercises to meditation or chanting, or other more unusual tools. You may also be advised to change something in your diet, or lifestyle. The teacher will always make sure you are comfortable about carrying out what he has asked you to do, if you are not, he will find an alternative for you.
How much experience in yoga should I have before taking a one to one class?
During a one to one class, the teacher designs a practice suitable for your abilities, so whether you are a complete beginner, or you were born on a yoga mat, this way of teaching will adapt itself to you.
How can a one to one class help me?
Your practice will be designed to help you reach a goal. Here are a just a few reasons why people practise yoga:
- To improve or maintain their physical, emotional or mental health.
- To recover from or learn to live with a health problem.
- To improve their self-confidence and their relationships with others.
- To gain greater concentration skills and increase vitality for work or study.
- To improve their performance in a particular sport: Yoga can be used as a mental or physical preparation, a way to strengthen a particular part of the body, or relieve over-strained muscles.
- To calm anxious nerves before going on stage.
- To relieve insomnia
- To heal an emotional wound, or resolve an emotional conflict.
- To stay healthy during pregnancy, and gain calm and confidence for the approaching delivery.
- To relieve the symptoms of the menopause.
- To increase or regain their everyday happiness and emotional stability
There are many other ways in which yoga helps people on a daily basis, or to get through a difficult period. If you are not sure whether it could provide a solution to your problem, or help you reach your goal, you can send us an email, or call to discuss your needs.
If you don’t have a particular problem or goal, yoga can simply be a great way to start the day with an energetic practice, or to wind down in the evening with a more relaxing session. It is also a way to maintain your general health, and stay in touch with yourself.
How often will I need to see the teacher?
That will depend on your own personal progress. Some people only ever take one class, and don’t ever feel the need to change their practice. Others like to come back once every few weeks or months to adapt their practice to their changing needs and goals, or to move on to something more difficult once they have made some progress.
You do not need to come to a class every time you want to practise. The teacher designs a practice for you that you can repeat independently at home as often as you wish.
Address: Attento studios – templeton house, 33-34 Chiswell Street London EC1Y 4SF
The closest tube station is Moorgate station.
Duration: 1 hour 15mn
More information and booking
For general questions about one to one classes with Marc or for your booking, please write to him at email@example.com